Tuesday, January 12, 2010

***TMI Disclaimer***

Today's Weight: 253.6
Spanx Size: E
End of Phase 1: 5

Tonight I had my book club meeting at Cheddars. I knew it was going to be hard finding something that fit my diet restrictions. I had grilled salmon, steamed broccoli, and a salad with balsamic vinaigrette. Sounds on track, right? Um... I started the meal with a mojito. And it was minty-limey yummy. And not at all on my diet. Strike one. And being that I had not had anything to eat in several hours, I started feeling very tipsy very early into the drink. So I ate the rice that comes with the salmon. So that made two strikes.

Then I ate some of the carrots in my salad. Strike three. Then afterwards, since the rice did such a great job of normalizing me, I had a rum chaser. And it was yummy. Strike 4 (obviously, with four strikes, I shouldn't be using the baseball analogy). And a rum chaser is made with three types of fruit juice, so strike 5. Oops. But tonight was the first time I've made any slips in my diet. Back on track and far away from baseball starting tomorrow.

I think I have figured out why I've slowly been increasing in weight. First of all, I have pitting edema, a condition which causes my body to retain water in large amounts, specifically in my hands and legs. I ran out of my daily prescription last week and haven't refilled. My legs and hands are a bit swollen, accounting for some of the weight.

Additionally, I have IBS, or irritable bowel syndrome (told you; TMI). My intestines are not my friends. They don't regulate food through my body the way they should. It's a horrible experience and a condition I wouldn't wish on my worst enemy. I realized the other day, that since starting my diet, my intestines have just about stopped working altogether. So today I went to Walmart to take care of my situations. I put in a refill request for my prescription; it will be ready in the a.m. I also made a few purchases. I've been out of acidophilus for a month or two, so I bought more of that (I'm supposed to take it daily). I also bought Citrucelle and a fiber supplement to... let's just say, move things along. I think in a couple days' time, I'll begin to see results again.

On a happier note, I'm not craving many of the foods I used to crave. I actually looked at a sundae tonight and didn't find it appealing at all. And I am loving my veggies and lean meats. I was craving Mexican the other night, so I made a fajita bake that didn't involve anything I wasn't allowed to eat. It was super yummy, and Matt was able to easily convert it into actual fajitas for his meal.

I feel better all around. I haven't had heart burn or indigestion since I began this diet - two things I used to have every day. In fact, I used to have to take medicine for these, but haven't since I began SBD. I began some weight lifting for my arms this week, and am getting geared up for starting next week at the University gym. I just feel good. And I know it is only going to get better.

No comments:

Post a Comment