Friday, January 15, 2010

Soup, Balls, & Ducks


Today's Starting Weight: 248.6
Spanx Size: E
End of Phase 1: 2 days

When I started Phase 1, I was sure I was going to blow my diet early. I thought I wouldn't get through Phase 1 without caving in to many of the foods I was to avoid. In the first four days, I didn't think Phase 1 would ever end. But with the end in sight, I don't feel like I've missed out on much. My cravings for bad foods, including take-out & sweets, are gone. I decided to taste Jif PB today and compare it to the all natural PB I've been eating. It was so sickly sweet, it didn't even taste like peanuts to me. When it was really cold out, I did long for some of my homemade chix noodle or cream of potato soup; but really, who wouldn't? I'm a fantastic cook and those are two of my best dishes! Instead of craving junk, today I got excited about sauteed asparagus & red bell peppers.

I opened my SBD handbook today to check out what I was allowed for Phase 2. Unfortunately, though not surprisingly, I won't be enjoying my potato soup anytime soon unless I can figure out a way to make it with sweet potatoes. And I need to find an alternative to egg noodles for my chix noodle soup, but other than the exclusion of sticky and Jasmin rice, there's not too much I'll be missing out on. My only concern is the careful measurements of certain vegetables and grains. We'll see how the transition goes.

Today I began integrating a six pound medicine ball into my workout. I like it. It's soft and cushy, so the pain sneaks up on you rather than being outright obvious. I continued with my abdominal curls, criss-crossy things, and added two more exercises to further kick my butt. Then I did this duck waddle move that Jillian from The Biggest Loser taught Ellen last week.

To get a glance at three workout moves from Jillian, check out this clip on youtube at www.youtube.com/watch?v+0CVJ1n4aLO . Happy waddling!

No comments:

Post a Comment