Saturday, January 16, 2010

Saturday - The Lost Day

Today's Starting Weight: 247.6
Spanx Size: E
End of Phase 1: 1 day

So with one day left of Phase 1, I totally screwed up. I woke up late & left for work without eating breakfast. I substituted celery & string cheese for breakfast; had the same for snack with a serving of nuts. By the time I got home from work, way past my normal lunch time, I was starving. And dreaming of Chinese food. So we got Chinese food. And it was good, but I was exhausted after I ate it. No, really. Exhausted.

I took a two hour nap after lunch and woke up in pain. My arms hurt, my body felt heavy, my head felt hazy. I seriously felt like I had a hangover - at least what I imagine a hangover to feel like. And to further the suck, I didn't work out today and I know I will have gained weight when I wake up tomorrow. Suck. Suck. Suck. Suck. Suck.

I guess you could say food has been a drug for me. And I just spent two weeks detoxing from crap, only to give in to my first strong desire. But I am impressed with and made happy by my body's response. It's nice to see that my previous perseverance was beneficial. Here's hoping for a return of willpower in time for the new week.

No comments:

Post a Comment