Thursday, January 7, 2010

Long December... Uh, January

Today's Starting Weight: 251.8
Spanx Size: E
End of Phase 1: 10 days

It's so cold! Four degrees? Really. I am freezing. And what do I love when it is this cold? Hot chocolate with marshmallows. What can I not have? Hot chocolate with marshmallows. Suck.

Another problem I have with the cold is the limitations it has placed on me in regards to activity. I do not want to take my kids out in this crap. The roads aren't bad, but it's just cold enough that our crappy car would probably break down somewhere. I refuse to take that chance with my kids. I mean, right now it is 4 degrees with a windchill of -15! What the heck??? That means we have spent a lot of time this week snuggling under blankets, watching movies. Great moments with the kids; however, diet fall backs.

I have not been active. I have not been exercising. Mostly, I've been laying around under massive blankets trying to get warm. So I kinda feel like I am only doing half of my diet. I'm eating all the right things, just not doing anything to work off those good calories. Good calories can be bad if they're not used properly.

And I also realized I am not drinking enough water. Before bed last night I realized I was really thirsty. Thinking back over my day, I counted only two glasses of water and a 6 oz. can of V8. So I need to increase my water intake. Today I managed a glass of low-fat milk and three glasses of water. That's a little bit better, but not anywhere near what I should be drinking per day.

Today's diet meltdown was over Velveeta shells & cheese. I made some for the kids and I thought I was totally going to cave. When I started squeezing the cheese into the pan, some of it landed on my finger. I stood there, staring at it like I was a model trying to walk away from a free line of coke. Finally, I ran, literally, to the sink and washed my hands.

The problem with this diet is not that it is making me eat crap I don't like. It's simply walking away from the things I do. Like blueberries and raspberries in the produce aisle at Dillon's yesterday. OMG they looked so good. Blueberries and raspberries are possibly my favorite foods in the entire food world, which makes it difficult to abstain from them when they are at their prettiest right now.

An unexpected bonus, though, **TMI disclaimer** has been the extra boost in my sex drive. It's been pretty low for some time, well, since around the same time I started gaining the weight. Not that the act of has happened more than usual, just that I am a little bit more interested in it than ten pounds ago. I don't even know if Matt has noticed, but I have. And I guess right now that is all that matters.

Pressing forward to tomorrow...

No comments:

Post a Comment