Saturday, January 30, 2010

The Lost Weeks

Today's Beginning Weight: After breakfast, with clothes on - 250.3
Spanx Size: E
Phase 2

I was doing so well. Then my school schedule kicked my butt. The last two weeks have been hectic, to say the least. I pack my food for the day with the best intentions, but most days I don't have a break to eat.

Take last Thursday, for example. On Thursdays, I begin work at the library at 8:00 a.m. I leave the library to attend my first class at 9:30. That class ends at 10:45. My next class begins at 11:00. I leave that class at 12:15 and rush back to the library so that the employee at the main circulation desk can have a lunch. I have to be back in class at 1:00, so I leave at 12:55, race to the bathroom (generally my first bathroom break since the morning began; this has solved my Spanx correction time issue), and sit down in my chair just as Dr. Brown begins her lecture.

I usually eat my lunch while I cover the circulation desk, but Thursday, I hadn't had my snack, so I decided to eat that, instead. However, it got really busy at the desk and I ended up eating a few blueberries and a slice of turkey sandwich meat. After class, I rushed to the store to pick up winter storm necessities, then picked up my kids. It was close to 4:00 when I got home. I sat down for a few minutes, then got up to fix dinner. There was never a lunch on Thursday.

Most of my diet failures have consisted of just not having the time to eat the necessary meals. (Though there were a couple of meals that consisted of pizza, and I did make a stop one day for frozen custard.) All of the sitting is making me retain large amounts of water in my legs. I weighed myself yesterday - even though it was the afternoon, I had slept half of the day away, and my legs were extremely swollen - and I weighed in at 253.4. So not as bad as I feared, but not losing anything more, either.

My birthday is Monday. The library is serving up Strawberry Shortcake for my birthday. I figured that was a safe birthday cake. Matt is taking me to dinner at either Bella Peppers or Red Onion. I guess we'll have to wait and see how well I behave on Monday.

1 comment:

  1. The whole family is doing it again here. So far, Marcus is in the lead with a loss of 9 in one week. Just know, we are in KC feeling your pain. :)

    ReplyDelete